Here Are The Top Social Networking Apps of 2019
Social networking has become quite the phenomenon today. People of all ages are using social networking applications and networks. Social networking provides people with the ability to stay in touch with family and friends across the world as well as stay up to date on news events. Some of the top social networking apps in 2019 are:
FaceBook is the most widely used social media app worldwide. There are more than 2 billion FaceBook users across the world. On February 4, 2004, FaceBook was launched. FaceBook allows you to connect with family and friends and reconnect with family and friends from the past. FaceBook is an American owned social media and networking service company which was founded by Mark Zuckerberg, and co-founders Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Chris Hughes and Dustin Moskovitz.
FaceBook has been so popular it made Mark Zuckerberg a billionaire at age 23. It is based in Menlo Park, California. As of June 30, 2019 FaceBook had 39,651 employees. Facebook uses a program that compares the membership database with your email contacts. When there is a match FaceBook offers you to add that person as a friend. FaceBook has many search engines to find people, posts and other data.
Interesting Facts About FaceBook
Here are some interesting facts about FaceBook that many people don’t know.
- Color – FaceBook’s colour scheme choice is blue. This is because Mark Zuckerberg is color blind in red and green. He wanted a color that he would be able to see everything.
- Harvard – FaceBook was created in a dorm in Harvard. Originally planned for college based use. FaceBook actually began from the Zudkerberg developed Facemash concept.
- Al Pacino – Al Pacino, an American actor was the first face to appear on FaceBook. His face was first behind a binary code and could not be seen clearly. Later the face was identified as Al Pacino.
- Friends Day – FaceBook was purposely launched on the celebration of Friends Day.
- Banned – A few countries around the world have banned FaceBook. They are China, Syria, Iran, North Korea and Vietnam.
Instagram is most popularly known for posting images and short video clips. Over 35% of the American population have Instagram accounts. On this social network you can find a lot of photography skills and beautiful artwork. Instagram is owned by FaceBook and is an American video and photo sharing social networking service. Instagram was launched in October 2010 exclusively for IOS users by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger. The Android user service was launched in April 2012. The instagram app features include:
- Uploading of Photos
- Uploading of Videos
- Editing capabilities of photos and videos by using various filters
- Adding Location
- Adding Tags
- Choice of Audience for Sharing
- The ability to Like posts
- Follow Other users
- Messaging features
Instagram was acquired by FaceBook in April 2012 for a sum of $300 million is cash and 23 million shares of stock.
Interesting Facts About Instagram
Here are some interesting facts about Instagram.
- Cristiano Ronaldo – a footballer, is the most followed single person noted in November 2019. He has over 188 million followers.
- Ariana Grande – is the most followed female with over 166 million followers.
- Most Like Photo – As of January 2019, the most liked photo on Instagram was a picture of an egg, with over 53 million likes. This photo was posted by @world_record_egg Instagram account. This post was intentionally created to surpass Kylie Jenners leading liked post record of 18 million likes.
- First Instagram Post – The very first Instagram post was posted by Mike Krieger on July 16, 2010 of a photo of South Beach Harbour Pier 38. The second post was by Kevin Systom of a dog in Mexico along with Systrom’s girlfriends foot.
- New Head of Instagram – Adam Mosseri became the new head of Instagram on October 1, 2018, after Kreiger and Systrom stepped down.
Twitter is a great social network for obtaining current news, access to popular celebrities, journalists and sports stars. It is an American social networking and microblogging service. The only negative feature regarding twitter is the fact that there is a 280 character limit. Twitter consists of a talented executive team and a board of directors. Twitter is a network that provides the ability for everyone to be heard and can impact the world. Twitter features include:
- Account Muting Capabilities
- Blocking Specific Words
- Muting Conversations
- Block Features
- Notification Filters
- Updated News Feeds and Twitter Users Reactions
Interesting Facts About Twitter
- Twitter Bird – The official name of the Twitter bird is Larry Bird. The iconic twitter bird was named after Larry Bird, a Boston Celtics Legend.
- Created in a Playground – The concept of twitter was created in South Park, on the top of a slide in a playground by Dom Sagola and Jack Dorsey. Twitter itself was created by Jack Dorsey, Biz Stone, Noah Glass and Evan Williams. Since then Twitter has become a multi-billion dollar company.
- Public Launch – Twitter was made public on July 15, 2006.
- First Twitter Post – Jack Dorsey on March 21, 2006. He beat Biz Stone by one minute.
- First Tweet Automated – In the early days of Twitter, everyones very first tweet was automated and the tweet was Just Setting Up My Twttr.
Linkedin is an American professional social networking service that allows individuals to post their resumes and hiring companies to contact them for employment. The site also allows networking in professional circles. Linkedin creates economic opportunities globally for every member. Some of Linkedin’s features include:
- The ability to complete a resume on the site
- Notifications and Messages from Prospective Employers
- Message other Linkedin users
Interesting Facts About Linkedin
- Reid Hoffman – In 2002 Co-founder Reid Hoffman began Linkedin in his living room. Officially launching it on May 5, 2003.
- Jeff Weiner – the CEO of Linkedin
- Management Team – includes Yahoo, Google, TiVo, PayPal, Electronics Arts and Microsoft executives.
As there are many social networking applications and services on the internet, choosing the one that best meets your needs is important. Do your homework on social networking apps prior to using them.